Let me explain.
Many years ago I become an adult. I believe I became and adult when I stopped being a kid, which is when I started thinking little harder (probably in my thirties rather than my twenties:)
Since that day I have noticed what kind of world I live in. I am a very curious guy and I just can’t stop wandering about things. One little thing in particular. It has caught my attention and has kept my mind mystified ever since.
So, what is this mysterious subject I’m talking about? What is this thing that has been in the back of my mind for over 20 years now?
OK, I won’t keep the suspension any longer.
This one observation, that I’ve made ( that gives me goose bumps every time I think about it) Is simply this:
Majority of human beings have always described and continue describing the world as if they are puppets, attached to puppet masters.
Let me explain it a bit.
Since I was born, until today I’ve been repeatedly hearing people say stuff like this:
- The devil made me do it
- God wanted this or that
- He makes me feel this way
- She made me go there
- This country makes me poor
- That country makes people rich
- This job makes me happy
- That MF gets on my nerves
- My past made me do it
- My spouse stopped me from doing this
- He stopped me
- He made me
- She caused me to go there
- They caused me to quit
- This job makes me sick
- That jerk pisses me off
- My mother said this, and that caused me to do this
- My boss makes me want to quit
- The Internet makes me distracted
- Facebook makes me addicted
- Weed makes me want a toke
- Marketers made me buy it
- TV transformed me in a couch potato
- My president makes me wanna puke
- My prime minister makes this country (including me) go down the drain
- He made me cry
- She made me cry
- He transformed my life
- She ruined my life
- You did it to me
- They destroyed my chances
- He made me kill
- Alcohol made me snap
- My genes made me do it
- My upbringing made me not do it
- He made me believe
- She made me disbelieve
- My past is not allowing me to…
- My past pushes me to…
OK, I’m a bit tired. Aren’t you? So I quit for now.
But don’t get excited just yet. Let me tell you a little secret. Are you ready?
…I’m whispering: You will hear this or similar stuff to the end of your days. So brace yourself for a long ride.
But don’t worry. You read Goalsblogger. You are in luck. Here is a little gift, from me, to you.