Have you ever wondered how to set goals. Forget about New Year’s resolutions. They don’t work. Goals do. It’s all about FOCUS.
OK, here we go, 6 steps:
1. Know the importance of setting goals. Click here to learn it, then come back to this page to finish the tutorial.
2. Clarify your thinking and your values by answering these questions. Write your answers on a piece of paper:
- Time is limited. How do I want to spend my time? Doing what?
- Doing what makes me fired up?
- I feel most excited and most alive when I do…………..
- What is the most important thing to do, to me?
- What do I want to remember about my life when I’m old?
3. Transform the above answers into goals.
- State your goals in a positive way. In other words, move toward something not away from something.
- Be specific. Mental fog does not provide enough direction and it is not doable.
- Keep it short.
- Be ethical.
- Set deadlines. This is a must, If you are not ready to set deadlines, then you are not ready to set goals. Stay with resolutions:)
You should explore goals categories here to fine tune your goals.
4. Evaluate your goals here .
5. Set only 5 goals or less, to further increase your focus. Write them down. Palest ink is better than best memory.
6. You should end up with a list of 5 written goals with deadlines. If you still don’t have a list, you still don’t have a direction. Go back here again and go through the steps again.
If you have found my tutorial useful, please subscribe to my newsletter on the right, to learn more about the only power you have: The power of FOCUS. Leave your comments/questions below. Your comments are super-important to me and I will answer all of them:)
Happy New Year!